Meet our newest addition!
I did my own little variation of the cute egg art I found on pinterest, and it was so fun and easy to make that I have a few other variations up my sleeve for the future.
Here’s how easy it was to make…
Tools I used:
- 2 pieces of 8×10 paper (or whatever size is needed for your frame)
- pencil and eraser
- exacto knife
- 1/2 inch strips of coordinating papers
I also used a cricut machine to cut my bunny image (from the Doodlecharms cartridge), but drawing and cutting out an image on paper will produce the same result, which makes the options limitless!
1) Draw your image on your paper and cut out the design.
2) Put your two pieces of paper together and carefully trace the cut out image on to your second piece of paper. The tracing doesn’t have to be perfect. This will just act to give you a guideline to make sure the entire image will be covered by your decorative paper pieces when you’re finished. I also used two small pieces of tape to keep the papers from moving, but if you have a steadier hand (or will be doing this without little ones running around) that’s completely optional.
3) Glue random scraps of paper over your traced image.
4) Place the paper with the cut out over your covered image and marvel at the cuteness! I chose to glue my cut out paper on to the striped paper, but you could attach them temporarily with tape or something and change cut outs with the seasons or whenever the mood strikes.
Finally, frame and display it proudly! This project only took 15 or so minutes, and it’s a super cute and festive addition to our home. I’m planning on making different one for the various seasons and changing them out as necessary. Easy peasy.
Linking up at: A Bowl Full of Lemons, House of Rose, Not Just a Housewife, Sugar Bee Crafts, Nap Time Creations, Hope Studios, Reasons to Skip the Housework, Lil Mrs Tori, A to Zebra Celebrations, Home Stories A to Z, Homework, Housewife How Tos, Elizabeth & Co., My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia, Seven Thirty Three, Milk and Cuddles, Southern Lovely, GingerSnap Crafts, The Trendy Treehouse, Daisy Cottage Designs, Creations by Kara, Mom on Time Out, Brambleberry Cottage, Artsy Fartsy Mama,
Love free printables?
Join my newsletter for instant access to my entire collection of free printables. You'll receive a link and password after confirming your e-mail address.